Thursday, May 11, 2017

Indie Illuminator: Eagle Island

I love to develop games. But I also love to play them. Whenever I see another indie project that interests me, I want to share it with anyone who follows our game. In the past I've been doing that on our Showcase Saturday posts, but with Alkanaur's development ramping up, I'll want to focus those posts on our own project. So now I'll be using Thursdays to start a new blog series called the Indie Illuminator.

The first game I'm dying to illuminate is Eagle Island by Nick Gregory. Take a look at their Kickstarter page, and you'll quickly see why the game caught my eye. The pixel art sprites and animation are so charming and fluid. The game mechanics borrow inspiration from Zelda, Metroid, and Castlevania, with a unique focus on falconry. Ever since the Animorphs books by K.A. Applegate, I've loved falcons and other birds of prey, so I think that including a controllable owl companion is pretty darn cool.

Screenshot from Eagle Island's Steam Greenlight page
Their Kickstarter project is coming to a close in the next few days, and with several hundred backers already, they're quite close to their funding goal. If this seems like the kind of game you'd love to get your hands on, consider stopping by their Kickstarter campaign and looking at their various backer rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment